February General Meeting Minutes
13 February 2019
Held at Harrington Grove Country Club
The meeting was opened at 6.37pm.
1 Welcome – Shaun Pereira, President
Shaun welcomed to the first meeting for the new year 2019 life members, Chamber members, guests and acknowledged and thanked guest speaker, Michelle Pascoe.
No apologies were noted.
3 Board Introductions
Shaun introduced the current Board members – Pania Gregson (VP General), Elisha Crismale (VP Communications), Jean Galloway (Secretary), Amy Woodley (Treasurer), Renee Garcia (Membership Director), Kaisha Gambell (Marketing Director), Leanne Wolf (Events Director), Sue Robinson (Sponsorship Director) and Wade Thomas (Governance Director).
Shaun invited members and guests to introduce themselves to the Board members and raise with them any suggestions or concerns.
4 In Memoriam
Shaun advised the sad recent passing of David Fuller – Founder and Chairman of Nepean Engineering. A minute’s silence was held.
5 President’s Report
- Wendy White new Administration Assistant to The Greater Narellan Business Chamber
- Looking forward to the new year and great things are planned from the Board.
6 Secretary’s Report – Jean Galloway, Secretary
Jean advised the Minutes from 14 November 2018 were on the website and were moved by Sue Robinson, seconded by Pania Gregson and accepted. No business arising from those Minutes.
7 Treasurer’s Report – Amy Woodley, Treasurer
Amy presented the Treasurer’s Report as at 31 January 2019. Total held in the bank is $109,535.08. Net Loss to 31 Jan 18 is $34,765.06 due to outgoings for Christmas In Narellan. The report was moved by Pania Gregson and seconded by Geoff Rogers and accepted.
8 Membership Update – Renee Garcia, Membership Co-ordinator
Renee advised there are 176 financial members and welcomed 10 new members:
- BNI Sydney South West
- Commonwealth Bank
- Off Grid Outfitters
- Eden Spa
- MacPac HR Pty Ltd
- Good Events
- Enzo Italian Restaurant (John St, Camden)
- Waratah Puppies Pty Ltd
- Palazzolo & Associates – Lawyers
Member’s spotlight videos were shown by The Strictly Limited Company, Clintons Toyota and Pearl Studios.
Member Shout Outs for The Strictly Limited Company, PestGo and Camden Mowing.
Member’s spotlight for the April meeting are Mitronics, Fitzpatrick Group and Palazzolo & Associates Lawyers.
9 Business Tip – Clare McCabe
- Listen First
- Use Visuals
- Think About It
- Lose Yourself
“Communication is primarily listening, then verifying that you her what you though you heard.” Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
10 What’s On – Elisha Crismale
Elisha advised the following upcoming events:
- SWSBEC – Workshops – 15th, 21st and 27th February 2019
- Camden Council – Your Say Community Workshop – 16th, 20th and 23rd February 2019. More info at Council website
- Campbelltown Chamber Feb Meeting – 20 February 2019
- Lifeline Annual Dinner – 29th March 2019
- YS Annual Charity Golf Day – 29th March 2019
- Save the date – OCAGI Night of Knights – 17th August 2019
- TGNBC – March Meeting – Meet your Camden State Election Candidates – 13th March 2019
11 Local Update – Shaun Pereira
Debbie Roberts provided an update on CRET:
- Website now live https://www.cret.com.au/
- Electronic Newsletters happening
- Western Sydney Business Centre relocated to the CRET office at 19 Queen Street, Narellan
- Community Workshops happening
12 Sponsorship Update – Sue Robinson, Sponsorship Director
2 members in the media recently – Coutts Solicitors & Conveyancers, and Hillross Macarthur
13 Silver Sponsor Presentation – Hillross Macarthur
14 Guest Speaker – Michelle Pascoe
The Intergenerational Business
- Pre-1945 Oldest living, well into retirement
- Baby Boomers Money to spend, optimistic, cx – value their time
- Gen X Club sandwich generation, sceptics, cx – choice, independence
- Gen Y Split generation, positive disruptors, cx – customize approach
- Alpha Gen Household influencers, 2.6 mil already born, 5 mil predicted to be born
(cx = independence = customer experience)
- Expectation – The first connection
- Experience – Have you delivered what you promised
- Evaluation – Would they return and recommend you
“An organization must cultivate internal customer service with the same intentionality as external customer service.” Walt Disney
- The importance of sharing your vision
- Connection with your team
It’s about the feeling
Building a Leadership Team
- Different learning styles
- Different stages in life
- Giving everyone a voice
Multigenerational workforce and customers – ? Who is responsible for the culture?
Define your desired culture
- What words or phrases describe your desired culture?
- What stories do you want those in your organisation to know and take pride in?
- What are the desired behaviours for your culture?
What’s the gap between your Leadership team’s intention & behaviors?
How does it impact on your customers?
“However complete your overall service program, your efforts will collapse if managers do not reinforce the behaviors.” Walt Disney
15 Lucky Door Prizes
Donated by Lifeline and Hillross Macarthur – won by Josephine Byrnes-Luna of Restore Balance and Phil Clifford of Fully Promoted Macarthur.
16 Closing Remarks – Shaun Pereira
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 at Harrington Grove Country Club and it’s the Meet Your Camden State Election Candidates Panel. Panel interviewer for the evening will be Jim Marsden. Book Early. Arrival from 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start.
Shaun thanked everyone involved in getting the meeting ready for tonight and the members and guests for attending another great meeting.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8.35pm.