The Greater Narellan Business Chamber is an organisation made up local business identities. We are a “not for profit” organisation.
Our membership base reaches far and wide and we are fortunate to have within our organisation several registered charities and other “not for profit organisations” listed as our members.
The Greater Narellan Business Chamber seeks to act as a good corporate citizen at all times and as such has previously undertaken small scale contributions and sponsorships as part of their partnership with the community. However, as requests have increased in number, it has become necessary to monitor those requests.
This policy has been established to address all requests on a case by case basis, based on the assessment criteria contained in this document.
Each request will be carefully assessed to determine if it meets The Greater Narellan Business Chamber sponsorship, marketing and community objectives. Consequently we are unable to proceed with requests for support that do not fit within these objectives. In addition, budgetary constraints limit the number of opportunities that we can undertake.
All sponsorship applications will only be considered if the minimum requirements are met and will be evaluated according to the criteria set out below and must be submitted using the Sponsorship/Donation Request Form.
This policy does not apply to charitable events owned byThe Greater Narellan Business Chamber (for example Christmas In Narellan), or charities/organisations that are a large contributor or service provider to an event owned byThe Greater Narellan Business Chamber for example Narellan Rotary or Lions.
Scope of this policy
In the context of this policy ‘sponsorship’ is defined as the provision of monetary goods or services in exchange for advertising, marketing and promotional opportunities. ‘Donation’ is defined as the provision of monetary goods to a registered charity where a receipt for the value of goods can be provided for taxation purposes.
- May take the form of provision of material goods or other;
- Consists of resources in exchange for agreed acknowledgment and;
- May be between one or more organisation;
- Does not exceed more than $2500.00 in any one sponsorship package.
May take the form of provision of material goods or other;
Will be provided to registered charities where a receipt for the value of goods can be provided for taxation purposes;
Does not exceed more than $2500.00 in any one donation.
Policy and rules of engagement
Each proposal will be assessed on a merit basis according to the criteria set. This means that if a proposal for sponsorship is to be considered a submission is to be prepared addressing the criteria set out in this policy document and submitted with a six week lead time to assess the application.
The Greater Narellan Business Chamber will only agree to sponsorship opportunities that:
- Are consistent with our vision, reputation and objectives;
- Addresses our target audience;
- Helps achieve our objective to increase awareness of The Greater Narellan Business Chamber;
- Adds value to business activities and;
- Must meet minimum requirements.
The Greater Narellan Business Chamber will assess all requests for donations based on the following criteria:
- Donations will only be provided to registered deductible gift recipient charities who can produce a receipt for tax purposes to the value of goods supplied and;
- Must meet minimum requirements.
The Greater Narellan Business Chamber does not make political donations or sponsor political organisations or candidates. Any departure from this aspect of the policy requires the approval of the board.
- Charities and/or Organisations must be an active member of The Greater Narellan Business Chamber with a membership of more than 1 year.
- There is a limit to one sponsorship and/or donation per financial year to each charity and/or organisation.
- Forms must be completed correctly and submitted 6 weeks prior to the date of your event.
- Charities and/or Organisations must be seeking the support of an event or cause that is dedicated to contributing their funds to the Macarthur area.