August Premier’s Breakfast Meeting Minutes
10 August 2023
Held at Club Menangle Trackside
The meeting was opened at 7.00am
Welcome – Anne Parnham, President
Anne welcomed everyone to the meeting and commented what a wonderful turnout of local businesses and schools. She acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land.
Anne provided the housekeeping rules and emergency exits.
Welcome of VIPs:
- The Hon Chris Minns MP Premier of NSW
- The Hon Anoulack Chanthivong MP Member for Macquarie Fields, Minister for Better Regulation & Fair Trading, Industry & Trade, Innovation, Science & Technology, Building, and Corrections
- Greg Warren MP State Member for Campbelltown, and representing Deputy Premier Prue Car. Parliamentary Secretary to the Deputy Premier, Secretary for Education & Early Learning, and Secretary for Western Sydney
- Sally Quinnell MP State Member for Camden
- Nathan Hagarty MP State Member for Leppington
- Cr Ashleigh Cagney, Mayor of Camden
- Cr Dr George Greiss, Mayor of Campbelltown
- Cr Matthew Deeth, Deputy Mayor of Wollondilly
- Councillors and General Managers from Camden Council, Campbelltown City Council and Wollondilly Shire Council
- Representatives from Campbelltown Chamber of Commerce – Carlene Cardona and Shefali Pall
- Representatives from Ingleburn Chamber of Commerce = Drew Percival and Jim Jelich
- Representatives from Picton Chamber of Commerce – Geoff O’Brien and Pania Gregson
- The Greater Narellan Business Chamber Board – Roland Blackstone, Karina Rauch, Carla Upfill, Sandra Bartlett and Natalie Balabka
- Life members – Tony Perich AM, Adriana Care and Ian Wolf
- Past Presidents – Steve Moore, Shaun Pereira and Adriana Care
And all our members and guests and school representatives.
Anne informed everyone that The Greater Narellan Business Chamber is a not for profit organisation made up entirely of volunteers giving their time during and out of working hours to enable the Chamber to continue. And the same situation for Ingleburn, Campbelltown and Picton Chambers.
She thanked the team from Camden Council for their ongoing support for the Chamber as they are a vital link to the new residents and businesses coming into the Camden LGA. And acknowledged the other Chamber Presidents of their support of their respective Councils.
As Camden LGA is the fastest growing area in Australia, it is so important for the Chamber to be involved and connected to the different levels of Government. The wider Macarthur Region as a whole is something to be proud of and as a resident and business owner, Anne has seen the incredible growth over the last 40 years but in particular the last 15 years particularly with the new Airport coming soon.
The local Chambers of Commerce have grown to show a united force and, together with Government support, can show a strength of pride and entrepreneurship that would be envied anywhere else in Australia.
Anne has seen the progress and money spent in the Parramatta district and hopes that the Government bodies would consider the Macarthur and Wollondilly Regions as the best place to focus their attention and money in the future.
She welcomed and thanked the local High School leaders and their representatives from 17 schools across the Regions and wished them the best in the remainder of their studies this year.
Anne thanked and acknowledged all the Chambers Sponsors for attending today and their ongoing support.
Prue Car MP, Deputy Premier
Judy Hannan MP, Member for Wollondilly
Tanya Davies MP, Member for Badgery’s Creek
Mark Latham MLC
Matt Gould, Mayor of Wollondilly
Jean Alim, TGNBC Vice President
Daniel Fenech, TGNBC Marketing Director
Geoff Ellis, Macarthur BDC
Gold Sponsor Presentation
- Club Menangle
Sally Quinnell MP, State Member for Camden introduced The Hon Chris Minns MP Premier of NSW and State Member for Kogarah.
- Jeremy Greenwood of Catholic Cemeteries – Banning foreign purchase of property
- Nick Purnell of CBRE – Backlog of DA’s in the south west
- Rowan Gregson of PestGo – Update of Picton Bypass
- Mark Perich of Greenfields Development Company – New changes for sewer and water, especially in apartments
- Sandra Bartlett of Stairway 2 Dreams – Aged care and pressure on the homeless and the community groups that work and support them
- Lachlan Gelder of Mardens Law Group – Plans to connect rail through to Macarthur and Bradfield.
- Student at Clancy Catholic College – How will I afford a HECS debt and a home loan
Lucky Door Prize
Carrington Care representative won the Sponsor prize from Club Menangle
Adrian Smith of Home Loan Hub won the prize from Hamper Culture
Closing Remarks – Anne Parnham
Anne thanked everyone for attending especially the student and school representatives for such an early start.
She also thanked Wendy White and Natalie Balabka for putting together the breakfast meeting and without their efforts the meeting wouldn’t have happened. And also, a thank you to Sally Quinnell and her team.
The next meeting will be the AGM at Camden Valley Inn on September 13th.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8.30am.