March General Meeting Minutes
10 March 2021
Held at Camden Valley Inn
The meeting was opened at 6.40pm
Welcome – Shaun Pereira, President
Shaun welcomed everyone to the meeting – life members Ian Wolf, Adriana Care, and Tony Perich AM, Harry Hunt OAM, guest speakers Clare McCabe and Sandra Bartlett, members and guests.
President’s Report – Shaun Pereira
- In the Camden LGA 60-100 business setup each month. Call to action – meet one of them and introduce them to the Chamber.
- International Women’s Day – congratulations to all the ladies in the Chamber for everything you do. Shaun introduced the ladies on the Board and Wendy White administration assistant.
Secretary’s Report – Carla Upfill, Secretary
Carla advised the Minutes from 10 February 2021 were on the website and were moved by Leanne Wolf, seconded by Sue Robinson and accepted. No business was arising from those Minutes.
Treasurer’s Report – Karina Rauch, Treasurer
Karina presented the Treasurers Report as of 28 February 2021. Total income for February $6,048, total expenses for February $5,963, net profit for February $85, net loss for YTD $9,478. Current cash at banks is $83,046. The report was moved by Shaun Pereira, seconded by Sandra Bartlett and accepted.
Membership Update – Sandra Bartlett, Membership Co-ordinator
Current membership is 183 financial members, with 15 renewals outstanding and 4 members have chosen not to renew at this time.
Of this are 2 New members – Debbie Roberts Consulting, and The Epiphany Group.
Member Spotlight video for February was Josephine Byrnes-Luna of Achieving Solutions.
Member Shout Outs:
- Anne Parnham of The Lighting Centre Campbelltown thanked Wendy White for all her hard work in maintaining her accounts and administration.
- Maureen Thorpe thanked Kristin Maloney for all her equine therapy with her granddaughter.
- Raad Richards of Carrington Care thanked Sue and Trevor Robinson of The Strictly Limited Company and also Ian Wolf of Tony Wolf & Sons Quality Printers.
Member Spotlight promo draw for April 2021 meeting – Warren Saunders of Premise.
Members Facebook promo draw – Danijela Prahovic of InnerSparQ.
Coutts Lawyers and Conveyancers – Silver Sponsors
Business Tip – Pania Gregson of PestGo
Pania had each table discuss:
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What is one thing you’ve implemented that has made a difference in your business?
- Why did you decide to do this?
- What benefits have you seen in the business?
- What learnings have you taken away from this?
What’s On – Steve Moore, Vice President
Steve advised the following upcoming events:
- 17 March – Campbelltown Chamber of Commerce at Campbelltown Catholic Club – guest speaker Scott Taylor
- 19 March – Youth Solutions Charity Golf Day at Campbelltown Golf Club
- 28 March – Macarthur Doll, Bear and Creative Fair at The Cube, Campbelltown Catholic Club for the Kids of Macarthur Health Foundation
- 28 March – Lakeside Markets at the Botanic Gardens
- 10 May – Youth Solutions Ladies Movie Night at Events Cinemas Campbelltown
- 31 July – Youth Solutions Annual Charity Event at The Cube, Campbelltown Catholic Club
Harry Hunt OAM of Hunts Motel Casula – Gold Sponsor updated the meeting on whats happening in the motel/hotel industry at present and how he has been able to slightly diversify through the pandemic.
Sponsorship Update – Sue Robinson, Sponsorship Co-ordinator
Sue provided an update of whats happening with sponsorship for the 12 months commencing 30 June 2021. Current sponsors still have a few weeks to grab their spots for the price of 12 months and get 14 months. Then extra spots will be open.
Clare McCabe of MacPac HR and Sandra Bartlett of Stairway 2 Dreams presented the evening’s session on Building Trust.
- What is trust. In 2016/2017 the most trusted brand was Bunnings and the most trust profession was nursing.
- The statistics – 96% of engaged employees tryst management – while only – 46% of disengaged employees trust management.
- What creates trust?
- Am I a leader?
- How do you know what sort of leader you are?
- How do you build trust in the workplace?
- 1 in 3 people don’t trust their employer.
- The future.
- Mindset – your attitudes and beliefs around trust
- Behaviour – see your own behaviour
- Actions – do your actions make people trust you?
Lucky Door Prize
Prize from Camden Valley Inn $50 voucher – Fusion Shutters & Blinds
$50 My Donut box voucher from Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers – Lyn Nonnenmacher of Hillross Macarthur
10 Second of Courage book by Nadine Champion – Diana of Lifeline Macarthur
Closing Remarks – Shaun Pereira
Shaun thanked everyone attending and supporting the meeting.
The next meeting will by on 14 April at Rydges Campbelltown with guest speaker The Hon Angus Taylor MP.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8.45pm.