September General Meeting Minutes
10 September 2019
Held at Club Menangle
The meeting was opened at 7.09am.
Welcome – Shaun Pereira, President
Shaun welcomed everyone to the August Premier’s breakfast meeting:
- 354 attendees registered
- Welcome to Peter Sidgreaves, Nathanial Smith, Theresa Fedeli, Matthew Deeth, Councillors of Wollondilly and Camden Councils, General Manager and staff from Campbelltown Council
- Life Members Tony Perich, OAM, Tony Wolf, and Adriana Care
- Jim Marsden OAM, members, guests and the School Leaders representing the greater Macarthur Region secondary schools
- Christmas in Narellan is fast approaching – Saturday, 16 November
- Sponsorship now at $94,000. Help us to get it up over $95,000
Welcome – Kyle Chamberlain, President of the Picton Chamber of Commerce
Kyle also welcomed everyone to a great mornings meeting. He wished everyone the best for an informative morning and also one of great networking. Kyle also introduced their Life Member – Jack O’Brien.
Lyn Nonnemacher – Hillross Macarthur
Sally Watson – Picton Chamber
Scott Taylor – Rams Home Loans
Nicole Cusack – SWNG Narellan
Anne Parnham – The Lighting Centre
Sponsorship Update – Sue Robinson, Sponsorship Co-ordinator
Sue introduced the new Sponsors for 2019-2020
- Gold Sponsors
- Club Menangle
- Marsdens Law Group
- Narellan Town Centre
- Silver Sponsors
- Coutts Solicitors & Conveyancers
- Camden Region Economic Taskforce
- The Office Builders Pty Ltd
- Tony Wolf & Son Quality Printers
- Carrington Care
- Gregory Hills Hotel
- Hillross Macarthur
- Runnymede Group
- Bronze Sponsors
- Start Fresh Accounting
- Premise Australia Pty Ltd
- Community First Credit Union
- Support Partners
- Absolutely Fabulous Event Decorations
- Media Partners
- Evoke Visual Creations
- Alpha IT Solutions
- Imageology Photography
- Pearl Studios
Sue then introduced the mornings Meeting Sponsor for their presentation:
- Club Menangle – Bruce Christison
CRET – Adriana Care
Launch of the CAMDEN LGA Video.
Guest Presentation – The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Premier of NSW
Peter Sidgreaves welcomed the School Leaders that were able to be present for this breakfast meeting. He then welcomed The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Premier of NSW to the Macarthur Region again on behalf of Nathanial Smith and both Chambers and thanked her for attending this morning’s breakfast meeting. He then handed over to the Premier.
The Premier spoke on the following issues:
- The Macarthur – not Western or South Western Sydney – The Macarthur
- NSW is the bedrock of the Australian economy
- Our infrastructure investment has transformed NSW into an economic powerhouse
- We have fortified NSW’s financial position
- NSW is investing record
amounts in South West Sydney
- Transport & Infrastructure
- NSW continues to cut taxes for business and households
- The customer is at the centre of everything we do
- There are Service NSW locations across the State
- UK & Germany Trade Mission
The Premier also thanked the School Leaders for attending this morning – they are our future. She acknowledged that The Macarthur is the place of investment and employment. And thanked both the Chamber Presidents for organising a great audience for the meeting.
The Premier was happy to take and answer unsolicited questions from the audience:
- Steven McNight of
8 months of planning “lock” with elections and caretaker mode. How might this now be opened up and get moving?
- Harry Hunt of Country
Comfort Hunts Motel Casual
The Premier spoke about Harry’s achievements with tourism. Harry congratulated the Premier re South Western Sydney//Macarthur tourism. And Councils now know about tourism in “The Macarthur”. The Premier recognised the area as having the right balance of open green space and tourism.
- Jim Marsden OAM of
Marsdens Law Group
Jim reiterated what Harry Hunt said and on being re-elected. He mentioned the Macarthur and South West Sydney. A representation not for South West Sydney, south of the Aerotropolis – a voice is needed for The Macarthur to the Government. He asked if the Premier believed in our voice being needed. The Premier replied there are 6 or 7 voices of The Macarthur in this room. A Chamber is needed – The Macarthur Business Chamber. Strong voices through the Chamber is the best advocacy. Unique circumstances in this area, not anywhere else. Local expertise is the best voice and loud and advocate.
- John Dumnesy CEO of
Harness Racing NSW
Need electrification of the train line and complete the circle. The Premier replied that in conjunction with the Federal Government the North West and South Western orbital is going through the airport. Currently upgrading the road networks. In Oran Park along there are 500 bus services – it is a work in progress.
Shaun thanked the Premier for being with The Greater Narellan Business Chamber and Picton Chamber Commerce this morning. He presented her with a gift basket from Local & Co Hampers.
Business Card Draw
Donated by both Chambers and won by Michael Banks of RAMS Home Loans and John Payne of Gregory Hills Hotel.
Auction for White Ribbon Foundation – David Harvey of David Harvey Auctions
2 large framed pieces of memorabilia regarding Rugby League and Cricket were auctioned off with the proceeds going to support White Ribbon Foundation. The successful bidders were Club Menangle and Hume Building.
Closing Remarks – Shaun Pereira
Shaun thanked Club Menangle for being a great venue and fitting a large crowd in for breakfast, the Premier’s Office, the Chamber Board and Leanne Wolf for all the hard work that does into such an event.
The next meeting is with Camden Council at the Council Chambers in Oran Park on Wednesday, 9 October 2019.
Shaun also thanked everyone for committing to attending the breakfast meeting – another great meeting.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8.30 am.