July General Meeting Minutes
13 July 2022
Held at Wests Group, Camden Lakeside Golf Club
The meeting was opened at 6.00pm
Welcome & President’s Report – Steve Moore, President
Steve welcomed everyone to the meeting and acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land. He welcomed life member Ian Wolf, Carlene Cardona, President of Campbelltown Chamber of Commerce, and Tess Salmon, GM of External Affairs at the Western Sydney Airport.
Once again, the community has been tested again by flooding. For many locations in the Macarthur, this was the third major flooding event of the year. We applaud the quick action and co-ordination of all levels of Government to keep the community safe through this latest event and offer the flood disaster payments to affected residents on short notice. The Chamber is continuing to liaise with Government representatives and Business NSW to assist where possible. And we again encourage each of our members to reach out if the Board can be of assistance in any way.
Over the last month the Board has finalised its schedule for the remainder of the Chamber year. We are excited to once again run the Premier’s Breakfast next month after consecutive cancellations. This flagship event of the year will return to Club Menangle Trackside on Thursday, August 4th where everyone looks forward to hearing from Premier Perrottet, tickets will be available for the breakfast via the Chamber’s website tomorrow.
Following the Premier’s Breakfast in August, the AGM will be held in September, please keep an eye out for the relevant notices for this meeting. Coinciding with the changes to the Constitution at our February EGM, there will be a certain number of Board positions up for election at this year’s AGM. This will be fully detailed in the AGM Notice along with the relevant forms for Director nominations. If you or another member you know may be interested in nominating for a position on the Chamber Board, please get in touch with Chamber President Steve Moore or any of the other Directors.
Sandra Bartlett – Stairway 2 Dreams, Membership Director
Kirsti Reynolds – RubyOnyx Marketing & Creative, Marketing Director
Tony & Cathy Perich – Greenfields Estate
Barry & Grant Jones – Jones XL
Geoff Ellis – Macarthur BDC
Sponsorship Update – Nicole Cusack, Sponsorship Director
Nicole introduced the new Chamber sponsors:
- Gold Greenfields Development Company
- Silver Kelly Partners Chartered Accountants, 4K Automotive, InvictusX
- Bronze Hamper Culture Gifting Studio, Macarthur Lady Funerals
Silver Sponsors presentation by Coleman Greig Lawyers
Cara introduced the guest speaker – Tess Salmon, Western Sydney Airport General Manger – External Affairs and Communications.
Sydney’s new airport – Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport
- Much-needed aviation capacity to meet the growing demand in the Sydney basin.
- Aerotropolis and Western Parkland Authority
- Western Sydney International is on course …
- Construction and project delivery
- This year is about delivery
- Unlimited opportunities – Sydney’s new airport means business
- Airport site layout
- A new customer experience
- Empowering Western Sydney
- Upskilling and training
- Jobs at the airport – an ecosystem of career opportunities
- Relationships, Respect and Opportunities for Aboriginal people
- Experience Centre
- Tony Estephen (Bringelly Nursery) – Car parking and multi storey
- Want to alleviate the pain point so parking is a big consideration.
- Steve Moore – Public transport
- Want this on Day 1, want people to have choice
- Anne Parnham (Campbelltown Lighting Centre) – Plan to widen the M7 that will lead to the airport.
- Google it and it will get you there and lots to do when you visit. Even a vision to 2060.
Secretary’s Report – Roland Blackstone, Secretary
Roland advised the Minutes from June were on the website. The Minutes were moved by Karina Rauch, seconded by Carla Upfill and accepted. Any business arising please contact Roland Blackstone, Secretary.
Treasurer’s Report – Karina Rauch, Treasurer
Karina presented the Treasurers Report as of 30 June 2022. Total income $6,405, total expenses $5,537, net profit $874. Current cash at bank is $156,858. The report was moved by Geoff Rogers, seconded by Anne Parnham and accepted.
Membership Update – Carla Upfill, Meeting Director
Currently a membership of 165 – 129 financial, 5 life members, 27 sponsors and contra sponsors, 2 CIN sponsors, 3 not renewing and 9 waiting to renew.
Member Spotlight Presentation for July – Matt Hartney of Inspire Energy
Member Spotlight promo draw for September 2022 general meeting – Sue-Ann Collings of Guardian Funerals.
Members Facebook promo draw for July 2022 – Michael Banks of RAMS Home Loans.
Sandy also reminded members to keep an eye on their Inbox as lots of members are renewing in June.
Contra Sponsor Presentations – Nicole Cusack, Sponsorship Director
- Tony Wolf & Son Quality Printers
- Brick Studios
What’s On – Carla Upfill, Meetings Director
Carla advised the following upcoming events:
- Club Menangle Christmas in July – 16th, 23rd and 30th
- Campbelltown Chamber meeting – 20th July
- Gledswood Homestead and Winery – Sunday Session at the Cellar Door – 24th July
- Youth Solutions Annual Charity Event Flashback to Your Favourites on Saturday 30 July at Campbelltown Catholic Club from 6.30pm
- Lakeside Markets at the Australian Botanical Gardens Mt Annan – 31 July
- Carrington Annual Fair on Saturday, 10 September from 9am
- Disability Macarthur Charity Golf Day – 7th November
- Combined Narellan and Campbelltown Chambers of Commerce Christmas Party on 16 December 2022 at Ottimo House
Christmas In Narellan (CIN) Update – Brad Martino, Events Director and Board Representative
- CIN 2022 is being held on Saturday, 12th November
- Sponsorship packages available:
- Rudolf for $15,000
- Santa for $10,000
- Elf for $3,500
- Angel for $1,500
Lucky Door Prize
Gift Voucher from Wests Group by Josephine Byrnes-Luna
Platter from Wests Group by Clarissa of Access Law Group
Wine from Wests Group by Karina Rauch of Kelly Partners
Hamper from Coleman Greig by Ian Wolf
1000 Business Cards from Tony Wolf Quality Printer by Daniel of Brick Studios
Wine from Coleman Greig by Michael Banks of RAMS Home Loans
Homewares basket from Brick Studios by George of The Office Builders
Closing Remarks – Steve Moore
Steve thanked everyone attending and supporting, the sponsors for their support, especially on this State of Origin night.
The next general meeting will be on August 4th at Club Menangle Trackside and is the Premier’s Breakfast commencing at 6.30am for 7.00am.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 7.25pm.