Annual General Meeting and the farewell of our first female President
The 2015/2016 year was wrapped up at our AGM on Wednesday night 10 August.
As we farewelled our President of 3 years Ms Adriana Care we also inducted her as our newest Life Member. As someone who has sat on the Executive Board with Adriana for the past 4 years I could not think of a more deserving member to have received this honourable title.
Whilst I am honoured and delighted to have been nominated and elected as your new President I have to acknowledge, that I personally, am following in the footsteps of an amazing woman. With that I would like to take this opportunity to thank Adriana for bringing this Chamber back to life.
Adriana, along with her Executive team members over the past 3 years, has brought determination, hard work and the needs of our members to the forefront of their achievements.
On behalf of the outgoing Executive, our new Incoming Executive and our members in general I say thank you Adriana and we wish you well as you gain momentum in nurturing the future growth of your own firm – Coutt’s Solicitors and Conveyancers.
I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the following members who have also stepped off our Executive team:
- Bryn Robinson of Fitzpatrick Group
- Michael Lombardo of CJD Equipment
- Daniel Check of Commonwealth Bank
- Steve Wisbey of Two Rocks Communications
- Julie Durovic of itravel
With so many talented and hard-working members stepping off our Board we knew that succession planning could prove challenging. However, I am delighted to say that our Executive roles have been filled and I personally am encouraged and excited about what the first 12 months of our new look board can achieve.
Your 2016-2017 Greater Narellan Chamber of Commerce Executive Board members are:
- President – Maria Sapienza of Macarthur Castles
- Vice President – General – Peter Roberts of Serenity Financial Planning
- Vice President – Communications – Brett McGrath of Marsdens Law Group
- Secretary – Shaun Pereira of Pereira Realty
- Treasurer – Geoff Rogers of Camden Valley Financial Solutions
- Membership Coordinator – Belinda McLean of HR Focus
- Sponsorship Coordinator – Sue Robinson of Strictly Limited
- Events/Speaker Coordinator – Leanne Wolf of Tony Wolf Printers
- Marketing Director – Elisha Crismale of Evoke Visual Creations
- Social Media – Jeramie Winsor of Country Insurance Agents
As I mentioned at our AGM with change comes challenge. I am extremely confident that my Executive team and I can rise to these challenges and continue to champion the cause of not only the rapidly growing business community of Narellan and its surrounding areas, but for the greater Narellan community and its families.
Local businesses are the back bone of many communities, however we can’t enjoy our achievements without looking after our customers or clients who after all are the ones that use our services and afford us the successes that so many of us share.
I look forward to bringing our members some exciting new initiatives in the coming 12 months and to further showcasing what this Chamber is all about. Our continuance to bring quality speakers, ensure growth in membership and our determination to ensure we only deliver the best services to our members has been, and will continue to be, our motivation in ensuring we are the Greater Narellan Chamber of Commerce.
President of the Greater Narellan Chamber of Commerce