- This event has passed.
Coutts Kick Start Series: Commercial Part Three – Preparing a Contract
The Coutts Kick Start Series with commercial focus is a monthly seminar series held on the first Thursday of the month commencing from August 2017.
Join us over lunch as we break down 5 things to think about when considering or preparing a contract. In bite sized chunks, we’ll look at the following key areas:
1. The risks and how the risks are allocated between the parties
2. The type of contract which might suit best, given the objectives and risks
3. When the contract might be most handy
4. Sensible provisions (dispute resolution, indemnities, release)
5. Don’t forget the “who, what, when, where, how”
A light lunch will be provided and attendance is free of charge. Pre-registration is essential and can be made via the Eventbrite listing on our website or Facebook page. Spaces are limited.
The full listing of seminars in this series include:
August – Commercial Part One – 5 things to think about when starting a business
September – Commercial Part Two – 5 things to think about regarding your intellectual property
October – Commercial Part Three – 5 things to think about when considering or preparing a contract
November – Commercial Part Four – 5 things to think about when subcontracting
Seminars in this series will be presented by Coutts Senior Associate Alexandra Johnstone. You can learn more about Alex at the Coutts website.