August General Meeting Minutes
1 August 2018
Held at Club Menangle
The meeting was opened at 6.30am.
Welcome & President’s Report – Maria Scattergood, President
- Maria welcomed Chamber members, guests and life members; special guest presenter, The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Premier of NSW and her team; Lara Symkowiac, Mayor of Camden; Judith Hannan, Mayor of Wollondilly and Chris Patterson, State Member for Camden and Parliamentary Whip.
- Maria congratulated the Chamber members who made the list of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the Macarthur Region, including immediate past president, Adriana Care. She asked those in the room to stand and be acknowledged.
- Sandy Bartlett from Stairway to Dreams was congratulated for the launch of her new book, ‘My Little Book of Confidence’, and presented with flowers.
- Leanne Wolf was acknowledged for her tireless efforts in organising an event such as this, and all the other great Chamber events. Maria presented her with flowers.
- Maria mentioned some of the events coming up in the local area, including the Narellan Rotary Annual Ball and Carrington Fair, both on 11 August.
- The Chamber pledged $1,500.00 towards Narellan Rotary’s fundraising drive for the farmers which saw them raise $160K with a view to raise $200K.
- Christmas in Narellan will be held on 10 November. Maria acknowledged the Christmas in Narellan sponsors.
- Maria invited Chris Patterson to introduce the Premier.
Chris Patterson welcomed The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Premier of NSW to our region and thanked her for attending the Chamber’s event. He then handed over to the Premier.
The Premier provided guests with an insight into the priorities of the State government which includes ensuring that funds are made available to support the farmers during this drought period.
The Premier happily answered unsolicited questions from the audience.
Maria thanked the Premier and presented her with a gift and flowers.
Lucky Door Prizes
Two bottles of champagne signed by the Premier were the lucky door prizes.
A signed Sir Donald Bradman photo collage was auctioned. Stephen from Hume Building was the winning bidder at $2,500.00. The monies raised from this will be donated at the White Ribbon breakfast.
Maria thanked attendees, the Premier and the venue.
The next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday, 12th September 2018 at Harrington Grove, arrival from 6.00pm for a 6.30pmstart.
There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 9.00am.